About the Firm
Originally Rubel, Rosenblum & Bianco, LLP, which was formed on September 1, 1993, Rosenblum & Bianco, LLP was created on January 1, 2009 in an effort to provide its clients with superior legal representation in both Landlord-Tenant litigation and related Real Estate matters. Josh Rosenblum and John Bianco each have over twenty-five (25) years experience practicing in the areas of and understanding the continuously growing issues in landlord-tenant law. The firm was created to focus on the needs of landlords and provide an even higher level of expertise than ever before.
Our Landlord-Tenant Department has attorneys in all five boroughs on a daily basis and provides our clients with comprehensive representation in all matters related to management of real property. While the majority of the landlord-tenant work our firm practices involves Housing Court eviction proceedings, our firm also represents many of our clients in matters related to building ownership and management, including representation at DHCR and other administrative agencies. We are also fully familiar with all of the Section 8 Laws and Programs administered by HPD, NYCHA and directly by HUD, commercial landlord-tenant matters, commercial lease negotiation, coop and condominium representation, as well as many other facets of real estate management. Also, a Collection Department is currently being formed.
Our firm prepares and monitors cases from beginning to end and our proprietary software system allows us to monitor the status of each case, prompting for timely conversion of cases from demand to dispossess, all the way through to eviction. All clients also have access to our web based system by securely logging onto our website at www.rosenblumbianco.com. The client is presented with a user name and password provided by our firm so they can easily access their cases, calendars, warrant/eviction reports, billing information, etc.
Our firm works closely with City Marshals in all boroughs as well as upstate New York to aid in expeditious evictions. Our process servers serve all legal documents throughout the five boroughs as well as Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties.
Our clients range from large real estate management firms to small landlords and we believe that no matter how big or small our client may be, our experience and dedication to them will make Rosenblum & Bianco, LLP one of the most respected landlord-tenant law firms in New York.
A FULL-SERVICE LANDLORD-TENANT LAW FIRM
The need for a quality representation has been made more urgent by the recent enactment of the HSTPA and then the global pandemic. In addition to our daily representation of owners, landlords and third-party management in the Housing Courts of the City of New York, Long Island and Westchester, Rosenblum & Bianco LLP represents these same parties in related actions including:
1. Residential and Commercial Post-Possession Collections – Collection work was a natural progression for us from our Landlord-Tenant practice. We can provide you with comprehensive collection services, from commencement to the action through to the garnishment of wages or bank accounts. John Bianco and Richard Byrne, an experienced collection attorney, have set up a division of our firm dedicated to collection work. Assisted by Paralegal Christine Martinez, and done on a contingency fee basis we handle residential, commercial and transactional collections.
2. DHCR Administrative proceedings – While we have been doing work for our clients at DHCR and other administrative agencies since our firm opened in 1992, we have recently revised and ramped-up our Administrative Law Department. Our experienced Paralegal, Blanca Zuna, is the point person in our office coordinating the intake of cases, collection of required documentation, and the calendaring of deadlines. All of our attorneys have extensive DHCR experience. The attorney assigned will work with Blanca and John Bianco to assure the timely submission of a detailed response to all proceedings, including those involving the T.P.U., Rent Overcharge, Rent Reduction, and Rent Restoration applications.
3. E.C.B. (Environmental Control Board) & O.A.T.H. (Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings) is an administrative court that conducts hearings on violations, summonses and tickets issued by City agencies, including the Department of Buildings (DOB), the Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Department of Sanitation of New York (DSNY), and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). Our firm represents property owners at OATH hearings who have been issued violations, summonses and tickets by the above agencies and fight for the minimum fines.
4. Supreme Court proceedings – All Supreme Court actions, including our Article 78 proceedings are coordinated and handled by Josh Rosenblum and Tracy Boshart. Josh’s Executive Assistant, Afia Cannie assists in the preparation and filing of pleadings and motions.
5. Division of Human Rights – While several of our attorneys have experience in defending Human Rights complaints, both Josh Rosenblum and John Bianco are highly versed in this area of practice. As the number of filings has increased over the past few years, we are prepared to defend you in any Human Rights forum whether a NYC, NYS or Federal action.
6. COVID 19 Crisis Management – especially important now, Josh Rosenblum and John Bianco are fully informed of the impact that Covid-19 will have on your business, tenant collections and court proceedings. We can serve as consultants for the constantly evolving rules and regulations, including the CARES Act and SBA Loans, as well as the financial impact on management, rental collection, repairs and maintenance.
We encourage you to look to us to handle your full range of Real Estate Management service needs.